Friday, July 22, 2011

What Should I Do If I Find Out the Kids Are Sick When I Get To A Job?

YOU SHOW UP FOR AN ASSIGNMENT AND THE CHILD(REN) IS(ARE) SICK. YOU WERE NOT TOLD IT WAS A SICK CARE ASSIGNMENT.

It could have been that the children got sick after the parents placed the order, or that they failed to mention the illness when they called TLC, because they were being vomited on/cleaning up scary diapers/taking the temperature of a screaming child.

HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD SAY...
Oh my gosh, I didn't know Johnny was feeling icky! (Being extra nice to Johnny.) Pause for parent comment. I don't know if TLC knew either. I just wanted to make sure you knew the sick rate.

IF NO: It's just $11 an hour. Not a big difference. I just wanted to make sure you knew. And I have a form here for you to fill out if you need for me to give him any meds, even if it's just Tylenol.

Once again, have them call TLC if they have any questions. SICK CARE would cover: fevers, diarrhea, vomiting, chicken pox, any child who has been sent home from day care for a fever, any child whose parents are keeping them home because they do not feel well. Also any child requiring fever reducer, pain killer, antibiotics, or breathing treatments. Call TLC if in doubt-- even if it's after the parents leave. We can always intervene before it comes time to be paid.

Next: How to deal with clients who try to underpay you.



No comments:

Post a Comment