Friday, February 10, 2012

I Can't Get This Child To Wake Up!



Hey TLC Temps, we have someone that needs your expertise!  Please read the email I just received and reply with any suggestions you have.


Hi Kimberly,

I have watched these kids many times now and love them, but I just had a problem with the three year old.  His mom did warn me that he can sleep like a "college kid" but that he should only take an hour long nap.  I have not had a problem with this until yesterday.  


He went down for at nap at 3pm and at 4pm I started the process of waking him up.   I would call his name and rub him on his back saying "Time to wake up."  I did this for 5 minutes.  10 minutes later, his older sister managed to wake him up but then he returned to sleeping.  5 minutes later after this, I tried to wake him again using the same method as before and included tickling the bottom of his feet this round and again I could not rouse him. 


I informed the mom as soon as she arrived and asked if I could watch her method.  She actually got him to stand up but then she discovered he had wetted himself (this has never happen to me when he has napped.  I offered to get him a change of clothes but the mom said she would take care of him that she did not want to hold me up.  During this time, the child had returned to napping.

I enjoy working for this family and would like to continue to do so.  Do you have any suggestions for me if this should happen again?

No comments:

Post a Comment